Originally posted at Modern Boss Lady.
I’m talking about something simple that you keep putting off because you just don’t have time – a business blog! Here are some important reasons why you should have started a business blog already.
- It’s an easy way to connect with your audience. So many times, a person will come across a web site that they like, and they think they will come back to at some point, but then they forget about it later down the road. This is why they need something enticing to catch their attention. If you can get them hooked, by giving them some free information, something that really helps them out, they will continue to come back to your site over and over. And each time they come back is an opportunity for you to connect with that customer and potentially make a sale.
- Content on a business blog can be used with other content marketing efforts. How does this work? Well, with one blog post you can have multiple available Tweets, a handful of Facebook posts, and a lead to a newsletter article. From just one little idea you can spread your word, and your company’s name over many different online spaces.
- By posting to a blog on a regular basis you help your business show that it is up to date on important topics. If you are posting regularly, and keeping those posts relevant to your customers, you are making your business an authority on that topic. This means that if someone has a related question, they will turn to your business first, and will come to trust you.
- A business blog is an easy way to show how your business is different. Not all businesses have blogs, believe it or not, so just having one sets you apart from the competition. You can use your blog to show your business’s personality. The way you write each post should be consistent with your brand and show off why you do what you do.
- Each post to your blog helps you target a specific audience. If you are launching a product that is specific to a smaller group, your blog is the perfect place to get people interested. Starting with small suggestions that something big is in the works, and then working up to something grand.
- As you are blogging for your business, and picking out new, and interesting topics for your readers, you are also establishing your business as an industry expert. Your blog becomes the hub for finding the most up to date and relevant information, and your readers will be glad to read each new post.
- Once you have regular readers for your blog you can start thinking about offers that will get them enticed and might even convert your readers into sales leads. Think about what important tool or piece of information you might be able to offer for free. The more you can give out for free, the more likely you will be to entice your readers to review your paid offers.
Anyway you look at it, a blog is an important tool for any business. Maybe right now you’re thinking, well that’s a great idea, but I don’t have the time for that. If that’s the case, feel free to email me. We can talk about how I can make blogging easier for you and your business. I’m full of ideas and can support your business in many ways.